GPA Accredited Medical PracticeFarrell Street Family Practice is proud to announce that once again it has been successful in its Accreditation process and has been awarded Accreditation with GPA Accreditation plus. What is Australian General Practice Accreditation? General Practice Accreditation (GPA) is your guarantee that a medical practice meets the highest possible quality standards of practice. General practices that achieve accreditation must meet a set of nationally recognized standards that focus on health care quality and patient safety. These standards are set by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP). Meeting these standards means:
- We respect your rights and needs
- We offer a safe place for your care
- We are committed to improving your health
- We protect your privacy and maintain the security of your personal health information at all times
- We use safe sterile equipment
- We are committed to ongoing education and training.
- We are committed to ongoing quality improvement.
Results of Investigations
At the time the investigations are ordered, arrangements will be made for results to be given at a follow up appointment. Results will not be given over the phone. Urgent results will be dealt with by Gp.
Fees for Non Bulk Billing Patients
We are a Bulk Billing practice for patients with a current medicare card. There is a fee for non-medicare patients, reports and medicals this ranges from $66.00 – $132.00 dependant on time and complexity of consult/ report / medical. Patients will be advised of fee prior to booking. First consultation per financial year is privately billed for patients 16 years and over without a concession card, please contact the practice for further information.
Practice Personal Information Policy
To ensure the security of personal information held in this practice, all records are stored on a computer, are password protected and are only accessible by authorised staff (all of whom have signed confidentiality agreements) within the practice.
This practice will only use Medicare numbers collected from patients for the purpose of billing for medical services provided.
The information you provide will only be for:-
– The primary purpose of providing quality health care services Administrative purposes for our medical practice
– Billing purposes, including compliance with Medical Australia requirements
– Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors, specialists and medical technicians outside of this practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us
– Disclosure to other doctors within this practice, locum, for the purpose of patient care
– Disclosure for research and quality assurance activities (using only de-identified data) to improve individual and community health care and practice management.
– Disclosure to State and Commonwealth Reminder Systems Pap Smear Register, Immunisation Register for preventative health care in other situations we would not disclose your personal information without obtaining your consent.
We will endeavour to ensure that all personal information collected is accurate, complete and correct. Patients who wish to access their personal health information are welcome to discuss these matters with their treating doctors. Should access be denied, a reason for this denial will be provided to you.
Complaints & Feedback
If major complaints arise there are many avenues through which they may be resolved, including referral to the Health Quality and Compliants Commission PH: 1800 077308.
Recalls and Reminder System
Farrell Street Family Practice has a recall and reminder system in place through a secure database called Automed, any urgent results will be handled by the nurse. Your consent will need to be recorded this is done when the new patient form is being completed.
Transfer of Medical Records
In order to request any medical records from previous practitioners, patients must sign a release form provided by Reception this will then be faxed to the appropriate location. If you wish to have your records sent to another practitioner, we must receive a signed release form from new practitioner.
Patients are advised to make an appointment for all scripts.
Wheel Chair Access
Close access available at the front of the surgery.
Interpreter Services: 1300 131 450 National Relay: 03 9963 3912
Allied Health Services
We have a QML Pathology, Dietitian, Hearing Services and Podiatry available at our practice, please enquire with reception for available times.
E Health (PCEHR)
This is a new government initiative. You are fully in control of which details are uploaded. This is beneficial if you see doctors at more than one surgery or spend time travelling. Note that uploading can be restricted to immunisation history only. Please discuss with GP.
Please note as of the 1st of March our practice will be implementing a Cancellation Policy, with a fee of $10 for all appointments where the patient is a No Show or Cancels with less than 2 hours’ notice. Payment will need to be made before seeing the Doctor on the next appointment.
Currently we have many patients who do not show for their appointment or cancel at the last minute, as our appointment book can be full at times we are then unable to accommodate patients who are waiting to be seen.